“THE NEW NORMAL”
We are so excited to welcome you back to Bella! You’ll notice some changes around the salon & spa and in the way we all interact in the space which we’ve detailed for you below. The safety of our clients and our team has always been a top priority at Bella on the Bay.
We will continue to follow the strict safety and sanitation practices you are used to seeing and we have also implemented some additional changes that will ensure the safest experience for everyone who enters our building.
Please understand, if you are feeling unwell in any way, we simply cannot allow you into the salon/spa. We must protect the health and wellness of our staff and other clients. There will be no cancellation penalties, and we will help you reschedule for a time when you are feeling better.
We will be taking temperatures of all clients prior to all service. We will also ask health-related questions and have a COVID release for signature as you check in for your appointment.
If your answer to any of the following questions is "yes", we will not be able to perform your service & will ask that you call the salon to reschedule your appointment.
· Do you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, chills, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, headache or generally aren’t feeling well for any reason?
· Have you traveled by plane in the past 14 days?
· Are you currently awaiting your results from a COVID-19 test?
· Have you been exposed to or live with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19?
If you are considered Higher Risk for COVID-19, we strongly recommend considering postponing your service with us.
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 within 2 weeks of being at the salon, regardless of the suspected source, please contact us immediately so that we can assess exposure risk and contact the Minnesota Department of Health.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR SERVICE:
MASKS ARE REQUIRED
Masks must be worn by everyone inside the salon/spa at all times as required. When we all wear a mask, the salon/spa is a much safer space. For hair services the mask style should be behind the ears rather than behind the head so we can easily access your hair without touching or removing the mask and should cover your nose and mouth. If you do not have your own mask, one will be available for you for a $1 charge. Keep your mask on the entire time you are in Bella. If you are receiving a service that requires you to remove your mask (lip or chin wax or a facial treatment) your service provider will let you know when it is okay to take your mask off.
When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your car.
You can call the salon at 952-474-5005 to check in over the phone or check in using Pocket Salon app, to check in yourself from your cell phone.
Download Pocket Salon from the App Store for iPhone, or from the Play Store for Android.
1. If you have created an account for online booking you need to use the same email.
2. Select Bella on the Bay salon from the populated list.
3. Enter the same password used for Online Booking.
All guests must have an appointment, and only the individual person receiving the service may enter Bella.
When your service provider is ready for you, we will call or text you.
Your service provider will greet you at the entrance off of our parking lot (on the side of the building) this will be for ENTRANCE ONLY
You will be required to wash your hands for 20 seconds when you enter the building.
We will then take your temperature, ask our health screening questions, and provide you with the appropriate PPE required for your service.
We can have provided several options for contactless payment.
*You have the ability to check out on PocketSalon
* We can put a card on file
We will still have our card reader available if you are not comfortable with any of these options.
You’ll get your receipt via email at the end of your service, please make sure we have your current email address on file. We will not be printing any paper receipts.
We prefer not to take cash gratuities at this time, if you do provide a cash gratuity, please present it to your service provider directly.
HOW WILL SERVICES BE DIFFERENT?
CLEAN, DRY HAIR
We ask that you arrive with clean, dry hair for haircut services. Ideally, we will cut your hair dry and style with hot tools and not shampoo. Why? We want to help minimize the time you need to spend in the salon, the face-to-face interaction, and since we will not be blow-drying, you will leave the salon with a beautiful haircut AND a great style.
If your stylist feels your hair needs to be cut wet, they will shampoo your hair before cutting it, followed by a wet set style.
For now, we will not be offering between-haircut bang trims or neck trims to allow time and space for full haircuts.
Color clients will be shampooed during their service as usual. For now, we will not be blow- drying after cut and color services to minimize air movement and allow ourselves extra time to clean and disinfect, so you will leave with wet hair. We’ll give you some wet styling tips; you may leave with some great options for air dried styles to try at home!
LIMITED SPA SERVICES
Massage services will be limited to 30- or 50-minute massages. We have protocols in place for clients who are facedown and are able to safely remove their mask.
OTHER WAYS ARE WE KEEPING YOU SAFE?
· Stations are adequately spaced for social distancing and staff schedules have been staggered to keep the number of people in the salon to a safe level.
· We have incorporated ample time between clients to sanitize all stations, tools, and common areas.
· We have improved air circulation and filtration; windows will be opened on nice days to allow fresh air circulation.
· In addition to face masks, our service providers may wear a face shield during points of the
service where they will be face-to-face with a guest.
· Retail items will be handled only by our Desk Team
· Our Beverage stations will be closed, we will have limited supply of disposable cups for water, but we encourage guests to bring a water bottle with a lid from home to their services
· When our staff arrive to work, they will be changing from street clothes into scrubs, new shoes or shoe covers, masks, and temperature checks.
We know this seems like a lot, and it is. Everyone’s safety is our main concern. We ask for your patience and cooperation as we continue to navigate through this.